A fundraising event for SEWA UK – our 8th annual event
2024 Date is to be confirmed – please check back soon.
The 10 Peaks is designed to involve fairly strenuous exercise and for your own safety you must be aware of this and consider carefully whether your general level of fitness, or any particular illness or ailment prevents you from participation.
This is a tough challenge that will test your endurance and strength. Set in the stunningly beautiful Lake District you will climb 10 peaks in 13-15 hours, encountering difficult terrain, lengthy descents and steep ascents along the way. Your mental and physical strength will be tested to the maximum.
**PAST EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY**
You should have completed the Yorkshire Three peaks and have experience of climbing Snowdon and or Scafell Pike and or Ben Nevis. Should be familiar with map reading.
Mobile phone Offline link for trek map will be available.
Why not challenge yourself and a team of colleagues with this exciting 10 Peaks event which provides an excellent platform for both team building and also charity fundraising.
- Start: Buttermere YHA Post code CA13 9XA
- Finish: Old Dungeon Ghyll Hotel, Great Langdale Post code LA22 9JY
- Target time: 13 to 15 Hours. Climb 8,400ft, distance approx. 17 miles
Red Pike – High Style – High Crag – Haystacks – Green Gable – Great gable
Scafell Pike – Great End – Esk Pike – Bow fell.
Note: This event is a demanding challenge, and it should not be underestimated. It requires a high level of physical fitness and thorough preparation training especially for those individuals without prior experience of high-level mountain walks. Our experienced guides will be leading the group.
On the weekend
We will arrive on Saturday at Buttermere YHA. After the walk, you can stay at Ambleside YHA.
Start the walk early – 5.00am, aiming to finish approximately around 8.30pm,
These details will be updated and confirmed soon.
- You will have done previous treks, at a minimum, something similar to Yorkshire 3 Peaks
- Transport availability will depend on numbers and space we are able to secure.
- You will travel and participate at your own risk
- You can arrange your own transport if you wish. This may be sensible if you are a group of 4 or 5.
- You understand that weather conditions could be variable.
- You must be able to read maps and make your own way if necessary
- We are planning a halfway retirement place but hope it will not be necessary. Details can be confirmed on the day.
- Our team will be checking the route beforehand
- It will not be a race to the finish line, please walk in groups and aid others if there is a problem
- If necessary, our guides reserve the right to make final decisions on behalf of the group
Costs to be confirmed – including 2 nights accommodation at YHA.
If you have any queries, please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org